Tuesday, February 16, 2016

#HorseintheHood


   Hello all! My name is Savvy. I am a horse lover and have dreamed of owning a horse ever since I can remember. I hope to work with horses in the future and maybe one day own a few (full-sized horses) of my own. It hasn't been until recently that my dreams started to come true.
In September of 2015, I got a miniature horse. I almost didn't believe he was mine, as I live in the city and it didn't seem possible. I named him Eragon, and he is super cute and little. When I first got him all he wanted to do was eat grass, but now he likes to play Hide-and-Seek and run around the yard. I spend time with him every day, teaching him tricks and often taking him for a walk in the city. He quickly adjusted to city living, things that would often spook him have now become part of his everyday life. At two years old he has the best "horsonality". We both love working with each other, and soon I hope to train Eragon to pull a small cart.
   I never thought that I would own a mini horse and still live in the city. I've often dreamed of it but didn't think it would become real. Eragon has become accustomed to living with our other animals. At first, I was a little nervous that he and our two huge guard dogs would not get along, but now they are great around each other. The dogs are about the same size as Eragon, so sometimes we say he's our "big dog".  When we walk Eragon down the road people often pull over to take pictures, or stop to meet Eragon. I love watching people drive by and double take, realizing that there is a miniature horse walking down the road, and not a huge dog. My family and I are starting a tag for those who spot Eragon: #HorseintheHood. So if you see us and take a picture, we'd love for you to tag us!

2 comments: